Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sashay

I recently learned how to knit with Sashay yarn...  yep it's tedious, but the concept is easy to figure out and it takes awhile to get used to... :)  But after a few instructional videos on YouTube I finally got it (or at least I had it for awhile).

Here's what Sashay yarn looks like:

 Here's what the basic scarf looks like when it's done (I've made one, but haven't taken any pictures yet):


One of the hardest things I've found about using the yarn is the way it's rolled up on the ball.  It's tedious to flatten it out and find the next spaces to use.  The other day I made a flat object out of foil, tape, and parchment paper.  Then I tapped (masking tape) the yarn flat on the paper and wound the yarn around it-- as you can see in the picture-- making sure it's flat.  I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it's going to work better then the normal ball of yarn,




Here's some more pattern ideas for Sashaying-- beyond the basic scarf. :) 

What are some of your Fall projects?

No comments: