Thursday, July 14, 2011

Last Kilt Down!

I finished Judah's kilt today!!  Judah's kilt is nearly identical to Benjamin's except for the fact that it's larger and has more pleats.  Judah was super excited to try on his outfit!!


Here are some pictures of the sewing process... Pinning-- lots of it!, Pleats all over the place, and fringes!  I simply love the way the fringes turned out on Judah's kilt!!


I'm beginning to think of going into business making kilts. :)  Here's the back of the kilt-- where all the pleats are:

Judah shows the pleats on the back of the kilt
Closing Thoughts: I never dreamed I'd end of making kilts someday when I first learned to sew :), but they are super easy to make and worth the effort!

A Word of Advice: Should you every try to sew a kilt: "Pin, pin, and pin".  I dislike taking time to pin, but in the long run it's worth it!

---

Scotland the Brave

by Cliff Hanley
Hark when the night is falling
Hear! hear the pipes are calling,
Loudly and proudly calling,
Down thro' the glen.
There where the hills are sleeping,
Now feel the blood a-leaping,
High as the spirits
of the old Highland men.
Chorus
Towering in gallant fame,
Scotland my mountain hame,
High may your proud
standard gloriously wave,
Land of my high endeavour,
Land of the shining rivers,
Land of my heart for ever,
Scotland the brave.
High in the misty Highlands,
Out by the purple islands,
Brave are the hearts that beat
Beneath Scottish skies.
Wild are the winds to meet you,
Staunch are the friends that greet you,
Kind as the love that shines
from fair maidens' eyes.
Chorus
Far off in sunlit places,
Sad are the Scottish faces,
Yearning to feel the kiss
Of sweet Scottish rain.
Where tropic skies are beaming,
Love sets the heart a-dreaming,
Longing and dreaming for the homeland again.
---

Posted By: Shiloh Ariel



1 comment:

Lucia Marie said...

Wow, this kilt looks wonderful! GREAT job, again, Shiloh!! :)