Friday, June 3, 2011

15 Years Ago...

When I was 5 years old, I first learned how to sew!  With some guidance from my mother and 4-H sewing leader  I made my first skirt, vest, and shirt.  After I grew out of it, it went through all my sisters and my mother safely tucked away.

Shiloh ~ 5 years old
Yesterday, after roughly 8 years of safe keeping that 15 year old outfit (minus the missing shirt :)) was brought out and my youngest sister Havilah wore it!  :)  I told her, "Shiloh made that" to which she replied, "Thank you"!  She now refers to that outfit as "Shiloh made that". 

I'm thankful that my mother kept that skirt and vest all these years and I'm looking forward to the day when I get to teach Havilah how to sew (right now she's learning how to crochet-- more on that in a future post)!

Havilah ~ Nearly 5 years old


Posted By:
~Shiloh~

P.S. Don't forget to enter our giveaway!!!  Click HERE!

2 comments:

Lucia Marie said...

Aww, that is just so sweet! <3 I love it! :o) So wonderful that Havilah can wear something so special..

~Lucia

HisPrincessWarrior said...

Oh that is Uber precious!!!!!!!! :)
You were such a cutie 5 yr old! So is Havilah!!