Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A New Stitch!

I recently learned a new stitch!  Actually....  I basically already knew how to do this stitch, but since usually takes me so long to do--I never really practiced it.  :) I decided to try it out again and I was excited to see that I have increased in my speed!!  So..........  here's the stitch (if you know the actual name for it, please do leave me a comment at the end of this post and tell me what it is!).

"Knit, Purl, Knit, Purl,..."
 Thankfully, I able to get lots of practice with this new stitch and here are the results~
"Baby Boy Set"
Hopefully, I will be able to do a few more sets like this one in the future... and maybe I'll start working on a baby girl set (smile)...  my little sister has a pattern ready for me that she *really* wants me to try-out.  :)  We shall see!

Posted By:

~Shiloh~

4 comments:

Musical Mama said...

I found you over at Raising Homemakers this week. That stitch looks like seed stitch - k1, p1 over and over on one side, and on the back you k into the p stitches and p into the k stitches. (or in the round, you just alternate k1, p1 row and a p1, k1 row) :)

End of the Matter said...

Thank you, Musical Mama! What a unique name! We hope you enjoyed your visit to our blog. :)

~Shiloh

Laura of Harvest Lane said...

I agree with musical mama. That looks like the seed stitch to me, also. You've done neat work.

Blessings from an older woman,
Laura

End of the Matter said...

Thank you for your comment, Laura of Harvest Lane!

Blessings to you too!